Note: I welcome any and all readers. I hope that, if you find yourself here, you find comfort in our story as I have found comfort in the stories of so many other moms and dads who have traveled this lonely road.

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Headstones

The ground is thawing and we are starting to think about buying a headstone for our little one. I'm checking out the websites for local spots that do this sort of thing. I didn't know such places existed before. What a crap way to learn, huh?

Sometimes this all seems so surreal, like something that happened to someone else. I look at pictures of us from before The Worst Day, and I don't recognize myself. Who are those naive, happy people? They have no idea their lives are about to fall apart. That all of their plans for the future are about to be derailed.

Black, brown, or gray?

"Beloved daughter of..."

"Safe in Heaven"

An etched bird, perhaps?

Or some flowers?

Just one date.



How did life bring me here? When will I wake up from this horrible dream?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments by anyone, so long as they are respectful. This is a safe place.