Note: I welcome any and all readers. I hope that, if you find yourself here, you find comfort in our story as I have found comfort in the stories of so many other moms and dads who have traveled this lonely road.

Wednesday 30 April 2014

TTC Adventures Continue: Are We There Yet?

Still waiting to ovulate and driving myself bonkers with this TTC (trying to conceive) hoopla. I'm on Day 19 and signs indicate I'll be ovulating soon. I (barely) avoided buying a thermometer and ovulation test strips today, but I did buy some pregnancy tests in faith that I'll have reason to use one soon. We have never "tried" before; Haven was a flukey (but very welcome) surprise, but we always prevented in one way or another before that. We're only in cycle one and I'm already so antsy. I have a whole new respect and sympathy for those who have been up and down this road for months and years.

My quirky mind likes to think that the little troops are waiting around at a gents-only, spermy expat bar (called, say, The Tube), for the egg to make her grand stage appearance. Maybe they're having a pint and a cigar in there, ribbing each other in friendly competition, exchanging strategies. Y'know, sperm conversation starters.

"I'm gonna get 'er this time!"

"No - I am!"

"There she is! CHARRRGE!"

It's a good thing we have a sense of humour about this, considering everything. It is still an emotional thing to be thinking about another pregnancy so soon, but I feel good about the fact that we're in this place.

Good luck, boys! May the best gent win!




If you want to be blown away by the crazy science of conception, check out this video. I am continually in awe of how our bodies work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments by anyone, so long as they are respectful. This is a safe place.